The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Entries are now open for the 2016 NZ Hi-Tech Awards.
The Hi-Tech Awards recognise the achievers of the NZ Hi-Tech industry right from start-up and emerging through to the coveted company of the year which was won in 2015 by Xero.
In addition categories recognise excellence in the product space covering software, services, hardware, mobile, creative and Agritech. The 2016 Awards will also see the introduction of a new category sponsored by Callaghan Innovation recognising Maori Innovation in the tech sector.
NZ Hi-Tech Trust Chair, Wayne Norrie, “The 2015 Awards programme has been the most successful ever with a record number of entries and a record number of companies entering for the first time. We are looking to continue this momentum as we open for the 2016 Awards”
The aim of the Hi-Tech Awards are to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate excellence within the New Zealand Hi-Tech industry which is the third largest export earner in the country and the fastest growing. The Awards increase the awareness of the contribution the tech sector makes to the New Zealand economy and the country as a whole.
Entries are securely reviewed by our high profile panels of local and international judges.
The 13 categories for the 2016 NZ Hi-Tech Awards are:
- PwC Hi-Tech Company of the Year
- Hi-Tech Emerging Company
- NZVIF Hi-Tech Startup Company
- Callaghan Innovation Maori Innovation Award
- Duncan Cotterill Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Product
- New Zealand Trade & Enterprise Most Innovative Hi-Tech Agritech Product
- Quick Circuit Most Innovative Mobile Technology Product
- Vocus Communications Most Innovative Hi-Tech Service
- IBM Most Innovative Company
- ATEED Most Innovative Creative Technology Product
- Endace Most Innovative Hi-Tech Hardware Product
- Fronde Hi-Tech Young Achiever
- Qual IT Best Technology Solution for the Public Sector
A full list of categories and entry criteria can be found at www.hitech.org.nz. All entries are submitted online.
Entries for the 2015 Awards will close at 5pm on 7th March 2016
Finalists will be announced at simultaneous events in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch on 30th March 2016
Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner in Auckland on 20th May 2016 along with the recipient of the 2016 Tait Communications Flying Kiwi Award.