The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Role for an experienced Partnership Manager to secure sponsorships and create partnerships with organisations in the New Zealand technology ecosystem to support the delivery and growth of the annual Techweek festival.
Our vision is for New Zealand to be globally recognised as a beautiful country where world-leading solutions are born. It’s not just about showcasing leading edge technology, but amplifying brilliant ideas that are solving the biggest global challenges – innovation that’s he pai mo te ao – good for the world.
In May 2018 Techweek delivered 540 events to 21,000 event attendees across 24 New Zealand locations. From workshops to hackathons, breakfast to discovery sessions, Techweek had it all.
Planning for Techweek’19 is now underway and we’re looking for a Partnership Manager to join the Techweek management team. In 2019 the Management team will work together to build on the successes of Techweek’18 to grow the national festival, increase international visitors numbers and to work with organisations to ensure the sustainability of Techweek in future years.
The purpose of the Partnerships Manager role is to sell sponsorships and strategic corporate partnerships for Techweek’19, leveraging Techweek headline events, the festival programme, delegation and platform to create attractive, mutually-beneficial partnership agreements.
The Partnerships Manager will act as a connector and relationship builder in the tech ecosystem, obtaining both financial and non-financial partnerships across the country.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
The Partnerships Manager is responsible for:
- Value proposition development – develop sponsorship packages to generate additional partnerships and revenue opportunities
- Collateral creation – create material such as sponsorship proposals and pitch decks
- Pipeline and partner management – identify prospective partners and work with them to find the best-fit sponsorship packages to win their business, ensure handover of confirmed partners to Techweek team and follow-up with partners post-event for feedback.
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least ten years in sales and marketing roles
- A proven track record of building relationships and acquiring new customers
- Experience with selling sponsorships and partnerships at a corporate level
The ideal candidate is someone with:
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to engage and influence
- In-depth knowledge of the New Zealand technology industry and ecosystem
- Proven planning, marketing, sales and communications skills
- A high degree of initiative, autonomy and resourcefulness
- A professional, confident and articulate presentation style and approach
The small print
- Hours across Monday to Friday can be flexible and will be agreed with the successful candidate.
- This is a contract role through to end June 2019, based in a shared working space in central Auckland.
- You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job
- You must be able to travel within New Zealand as required
- You must be able to attend events and other off-site functions outside of normal business hours, as required
- You must hold a valid driver’s license
How to apply
When applying, please tell us a bit about yourself, how you match up to the Partnerships Manager characteristics outlined above and what makes you a great person to have on the team. All applications will be treated in full confidence.