The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Join a small, tight-knit team that’s passionate about telling New Zealand’s inspiring tech stories to the world. We’re looking for a Regional Coordinator to manage the development of an exciting and effective Techweek20 event programme in Auckland.
This is a full time, fixed contract position through to late June 2020.
Techweek (techweek.co.nz) is New Zealand’s annual festival of innovation. In May 2019, the festival featured 562 events in 28 locations across the country, engaging thousands of New Zealanders.
We’re looking for a team player to work with the local ecosystem to shape the Techweek20 festival programme in Auckland, working effectively within our small team and with a wider network across the city to bring Techweek20 Auckland to life.
Reporting to the Event Director, you will work closely with Techweek’s local partners to help them deliver a strategically driven programme across the city during Techweek20.
The Regional Coordinator (Auckland) is responsible for:
- Coordination – working with local stakeholders and event organisers across Auckland to ensure the Techweek20 Auckland programme hits strategic objectives and KPIs. Tasks include; reviewing event submissions, establishing relationships, generating partnerships, identifying in kind support, connecting individuals within the Auckland tech ecosystem to leverage the Techweek platform, delivering on sponsorship agreements, managing meetings, conducting regular communications, coordinating Auckland festival activations and distributing shared resources
- Support – assisting the Techweek team where possible to hit their objectives, including administrative tasks, risk management, post event reporting and reviews.
We’re looking for a team player with:
- At least two years project and/or event coordination experience
- Experience planning events and/or curating a festival programme
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Thrives in a busy, small-team environment
- Loves to meet new people and build sound relationships
- Is a natural organiser
- Has exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to engage and influence
- Has excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Is a professional, confident and articulate presentation style and approach
If this sounds like you, please get in touch via the below!