The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Seeking NZTech Board Nominations 2022
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is coming soon and that means election season is now upon us!
NZTech is the voice of the organisations that are redefining the world we live in.
NZTech’s mission is to support a values-led, nationally connected tech community that is collectively lifting equity, sustainability and prosperity for all in Aotearoa, by creating jobs, export growth and impact through tech for good.
NZTech’s vision is an equitable, sustainable and prosperous Aotearoa New Zealand underpinned by good tech.
Our purpose is to help create a more equitable, sustainable and prosperous Aotearoa New Zealand underpinned by good tech.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Board. We are now seeking nominations for our Board and encourage you to consider the role or nominate someone who can make an impact. In line with our Board Diversity & Inclusion Policy, we have actively identified skills and experience needed to help us accelerate our strategies and ensure diverse thinking.
For the current NZTech strategic outcomes, we are seeking candidates with any of the following skill sets:
- A strong understanding of tikanga and Te Ao Māori or Pasifika culture.
- Strong financial acumen.
- International marketing skills.
- An involvement in sustainable frameworks as it relates to the technology sector.
In addition to these skills, NZTech strives for a diverse Board. We encourage all involved to consider the current makeup of the Board and how candidates for vacant seats might enable the Board to gain a more diverse perspective.
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward, or nominate someone, for a role on the NZTech Board. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Government / Education – 1 position available
- SMS / Start-ups – 1 position available
Please note, while the candidate must be from an NZTech member organisation, they do not need to be from the same membership tier they wish to represent on the Board, provided they are nominated by at least one member of that tier. The details of what’s required and who is entitled to be elected are set out on this form.
All nominations must be entered into the online form here by 5pm, 6 July 2022.
Annual General Meeting
The NZTech AGM is scheduled for Wednesday 10 August 2022 at 4pm via zoom.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the AGM, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, 20 July 2022.
Voting will take place electronically, in advance of the AGM and the results will be announced at the AGM. Please see the current constitution for an outline of Board Membership and election processes.
- Now: Call for member nominations for Board representatives
- 6 July: Deadline for nominations to be received by NZTech for Board representatives
- 13 July: List of Board nominees to be issued to members and electronic voting commences
- 20 July: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to NZTech
- 27 July: Electronic voting closes
- 2 August: Second electronic vote arranged if required (in the event of a tie)
- 10 August: AGM event, results of electronic voting announced