The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
We are pleased to invite you to nominate yourself or another individual for the Education Technology Association of New Zealand Executive Council.
Education is the foundation on which all of New Zealand will prosper and grow. The Education Technology Association of New Zealand (EdTechNZ) is the voice of EdTech in New Zealand, supporting the growth of the sector.
Our mission is to improve the lives of people and increase the access to, quality of and impact of education through innovative technology, for the benefit of educators and learners in Aotearoa New Zealand and around the world.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council and we are now seeking nominations. We encourage you to consider who could make an impact as a member of the EdTechNZ Executive Council, ensuring the new Council reflects the diversity of the community we support.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the EdTechNZ Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Major Corporate Seat (1 position)
- Other Corporate Seat (1 position)
- SME & Start Up Seat (1 position)
- Government Seat (1 position)
- Education Seat (1 position)
The positions are for a 2-year term.
Nominees for the above positions:
- Must be from an EdTechNZ member organisation
- Must be in the EdTechNZ tier they are being nominated for
- Must be up to date with their EdTechNZ membership fees
All nominations must be submitted online by 5pm 21st September, 2022
EdTechNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of EdTechNZ Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually two hours in duration (video conferencing available)
- Represent EdTechNZ at industry events and as part of delegations
- Assist with managing and securing members of the EdTechNZ
- Participate in EdTechNZ working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for EdTechNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of EdTechNZ
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting and will be open for two weeks. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting, on 26th October 2022. Please see the Charter (by clicking here) for an outline of Executive Council membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote that is allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 26th October 2022 and is to be a Webinar Meeting. You can register to attend here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, 5th October, 2022.
- Now - Call for nominations for Executive Committee members is issued to members.
- 21st September - Nominations close, and all received nominations are validated.
- 28th September - Electronic voting commences.
- 5th October - Due date for notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting.
- 12th October - Electronic voting closes.
- 26th October - Results announced at Annual Meeting.