The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Seeking NZTech Board Nominations
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is coming soon and that means election season is now upon us!
NZTech is the voice of the organisations that are redefining the world we live in. NZTech’s vision is a prosperous New Zealand, underpinned by technology. Our purpose is to connect, promote and advance tech ecosystems and to help the economy grow.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Board. We are now seeking nominations for our Board and encourage you to consider the role or nominate someone who can make an impact. In line with our Board Diversity Policy, we have actively identified skills and experience needed to help us accelerate our strategies and ensure diverse thinking.
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward, or nominate someone, for a role on the NZTech Board. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Major Corporate (three positions)
- Corporate – Other (two positions)
Please note, while the candidate must be a from an NZTech member organisation, they do not need to be from the same membership tier they wish to represent on the Board, provided they are nominated by at least one member of that tier. The details of what’s required and who is entitled to be elected are set out in this form.
All nominations must be entered into the online form here by 5pm, 20 June 2019.
Annual General Meeting
The NZTech AGM is scheduled for 25 July 2019 in Auckland. We will be holding the formal AGM presentation, including a panel discussion, from 4pm, followed by refreshments.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the AGM, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 4 July 2019.
Voting will take place electronically, in advance of the AGM and the results will be announced at the AGM. Please see the current constitution for an outline of Board Membership and election processes.
- Now: Call for member nominations for Board representatives
- 20 June: Deadline for nominations to be received by NZTech for Board representatives
- 27 June: List of Board nominees to be issued to members and electronic voting commences
- 4 July: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to NZTech
- 11 July: Electronic voting closes
- 15 July: Second electronic vote arranged if required (in the event of a tie)
- 25 July: AGM event in Auckland, results of electronic voting announced