Join a small, tight-knit team that’s passionate about telling New Zealand’s inspiring tech stories to the world. We’re looking for a Marketing Executive to deliver the Techweek19 marketing and communications plan.
Techweek is New Zealand’s annual festival of innovation. In May 2018, the festival featured 540 events in 24 locations across the country, engaging thousands of New Zealanders
We’re looking for a team player to deliver the Techweek19 Marketing and Communications plan, working within a small team and maximising resources to meet Techweek’s strategic goals.
As well as your team and existing suppliers, you will work closely with Techweek’s regional and commercial partners to help them deliver desired outcomes across the country during Techweek.
The Marketing Executive is responsible for:
- Marketing – delivery of a nationwide marketing plan that maximises exposure, ticket sales and attendance at Techweek19, providing marketing support to regional partners in their work as coordinators of local Techweek programmes across the country, and delivering post-event reporting including recommendations for the future
- Communications – working with your team to create all communications to multiple audiences across Techweek’s channels to ensure the smooth rollout of Techweek19, and coordination and management of national and international PR programmes for Techweek19
- Brand – management of collateral creation for Techweek19 marketing purposes as well as acting as guardian of the brand in instances where collateral is created by our partners across the country in the lead up to Techweek19
We’re looking for a team player with:
- 3 years of experience leading projects in a marketing or comms role
- Experience working on large scale, complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent copywriting skills and some experience in print, video, and/or photography production
The ideal candidate is someone with:
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to engage and influence
- Proven marketing and communications skills
- A deep technical understanding of current digital marketing tools
- A professional, confident and articulate presentation style and approach