NEWS & ARTICLES
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is coming soon and that means election season is now upon us!
NZTech is the voice of the organisations that are redefining the world we live in. NZTech’s vision is a prosperous New Zealand, underpinned by technology. Our purpose is to connect, promote and advance the use of technology to help the tech sector and economy grow.
To continue building on our success it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Board. We are now seeking nominations for our Board and encourage you to consider the role or nominate someone who can make an impact. In line with our Board Diversity Policy, we have actively identified skills and experience needed to help us accelerate our strategies and ensure diverse thinking.
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward, or nominate someone, for a role on the NZTech Board. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Major Corporate (1 position)
- Corporate – Other (1 position)
- Business (1 position)
- Government/Education (1 position)
It is important to note that while the board candidate must be from a NZTech member organisation, they do not need to be from the same membership tier that they wish to represent on the Board, provided that they are nominated by at least one Member of that tier. The details of what’s required and who is entitled to be elected are set out on the attached form.
If you wish to nominate someone for a position on the Board, the nomination must be forwarded to email@example.com by 5pm, 20 June 2018.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the AGM, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 5 July 2018.
NZTech is proposing constitutional changes at this year’s AGM to restructure the Board to include NZTech Community representation. As these changes will take effect after this year’s AGM, for the purpose of this AGM the Board’s structure remains the same.
Electronic voting and Other Key Dates
Voting will take place electronically, in advance of the meeting and the results will be announced at the AGM. Please see the current constitution for an outline of Board Membership and election processes.
The NZTech AGM is scheduled for the 26 July 2018 and is to be held in Auckland. We will be holding the formal AGM presentation, including an entertaining panel discussion, from 4pm, followed by refreshments.
- Now: Call for Nominations for Board representatives issued to Members
- 20 June: Deadline for nominations to be received by NZTech for Board representatives
- 27 June: List of Board nominees to be issued to Members and electronic voting commences
- 5 July: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to NZTech
- 13 July: Electronic voting closes
- 13 July: Members to have confirmed attendance at the AGM
- 25 July: Any proxies for the AGM received by NZTech
- 26 July: AGM event in Auckland, results of electronic voting announced.
agm, Board, nominations