The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Creating a culture of inclusion
The NZTech Board acknowledges the benefits of an increasingly diverse workforce as an essential element in creating a prosperous New Zealand underpinned by technology. As NZTech and society evolves, the Board recognises the need for a more focused approach to diversity and inclusion (D&I).
Previously, NZTech’s diversity and inclusion has been limited to its Board composition (view NZTech Board Diversity Policy) and TechWomen, a special interest group delivering programmes focused on attracting and supporting females within the tech sector.
The D&I Sub Board’s mission is to integrate diversity and inclusion into NZTech and the Tech Alliance’s operational and decision making processes.
The purpose of NZTech’s D&I Sub Board is:
- to develop NZTech’s inclusiveness as an employer.
- to improve the inclusiveness of the New Zealand tech sector and ensure people of any gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, cultural or political views are heard and valued.
Currently, the Sub Board’s focus includes;
- Internal education on Te Tiriti o Waitangi and exploration of Tikanga in Tech.
- Creating a survey for our members to benchmark their own D&I journey, in addition to providing aggregate sector data.
- Providing references to D&I resources on our website for our members.
We welcome contributions and feedback, so please contact us if you would like to be involved in this important work.