The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Ada Lovelace Day 2023 – Gender Bias in AI Panel
Join us to celebrate Ada Lovelace Day with our panel on Gender Bias in AI.
Advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning are driving dramatic shifts in technology and how we engage with the world. Join us this Ada Lovelace Day to hear about where we currently stand with understanding bias in AI, and discuss how we can all make a difference with our panel of experts.
Ada Lovelace Day falls between 11-13 October each year. It highlights the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Ada Lovelace was the world’s first computer programmer, she began algorithm development back in the mid-nineteenth century. That’s over 150 years ago! This is especially remarkable because the first computer, Charles Babbage’s mechanical ‘Analytical Engine’, was still unfinished at the time.
- Date: Tuesday 10 October, 2023, 12pm – 1pm
- Time: 12pm – 1pm (for in person attendees: registration starts at 11:30 am; networking from 1pm – 2pm)
- Venue: Microsoft, Level 5, 22 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland
- Event Type: In-person and online
- Cost: In-person (Free for members, $25 for non-members), Virtual (Free for members and non-members)
Please let us know you if you are unable to attend by emailing email@example.com with your name and the event date