The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
AI Forum NZ’s AI Governance website launch
Join us at Creative HQ, Wellington, for the launch of our new website, providing a set of best practice frameworks, tools, and approaches to AI Governance, curated for a New Zealand environment with expert opinions, advice and contacts.
Our expert panel will be discussing how organisations can use tool sets like these to adopt AI safely and responsibly – and help unlock the capabilities and competitive advantages AI offers.
The website is a free resource for all NZ organisations aimed at driving leadership on the responsible use and governance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The website is a great example of collaboration between Callaghan Innovation, New Zealand’s innovation agency, and the AI Forum, New Zealand’s community of artificial intelligence technology champions.
Today’s launch comes as recent Datacom research indicates that, despite the increasing prevalence of AI functions, such as ChatGPT, more than 50% of New Zealand business leaders from 200 companies already used a form of AI, but very little consideration has been given to setting up the necessary governance processes.
- Date: Wednesday, 1 November, 2023
- Time: 5.30pm – 7.30pm (registration from 5pm)
- Location: Creative HQ, 7 Dixon Street, Wellington
- Event Type: In-person
- Cost: Free for members, $25 for non-members
- Madeline Newman, Executive Director, AI Forum (Moderator)
- Gabriela Mazorra de Cos, AI Forum Executive Council member and Chair of AI Governance Working Group, Data Use Specialist (Governance & Ethics) at Xero
- Colby Raley, Industry Executive, NZ Public Sector, Microsoft
- Sean Muller, Future Thinking / Engagement Lead / Senior Solution Architect AI & Data, Woolworths NZ
- Emma MacDonald, Establishment Director for the Centre for Ethics and Innovation, Stats NZ