The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Key Tax and legal issues for operating in the United States
Are you doing business in the US? Are United States tax and legal issues keeping you awake? If so, then this seminar is for you.
This practical seminar focuses on the key tax and legal issues for businesses currently operating in or looking to expand into the US market.
David Pardes (Director, PwC San Francisco) will provide insight on the United States (US) tax challenges and opportunities, such as navigating the complex rules for US Federal, State, City, and sales taxes.
Zachary Norris (Partner, Norris Legal Consulting) will provide practical guidance on the key legal considerations.
Topics to be covered include:
- Key compliance obligations for Federal, State and City taxes for United States subsidiaries of foreign parents.
- What triggers a State tax obligations and the concept of nexus.
- Understanding when US Sales taxes apply.
- Typical tax and legal structures.
- Managing transfer pricing requirements.
- Asset vs. share deals.
- Sales tax, individual tax and transfer pricing in the US.
- Setting up your subsidiary and contracting differences between New Zealand and the US.
- Distribution, business immigration and employment law issues.
- Intellectual property in the US.
These sessions are aimed at clients/targets with existing US operations, or wanting to learn more about expansion into the US market.