The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
NZTech Annual General Meeting (AGM)
This is a Tech Alliance association member only event.
Please register to attend. The joining link will be sent to you via an Outlook calendar invite.
The AGM will commence at 4pm and will be followed by the panel discussion at approximately 4.30pm.
For the AGM portion of this event, NZTech CEO Graeme Muller will share a strategy update and plans for the coming year. Board Chair, Mitchell Pham, will announce the successful candidates of the NZTech Board elections.
The AGM will be followed by a panel discussion, Introducing the Digital Technology Industry Transformation Plan (ITP), facilitated by NZTech’s CEO, Graeme Muller and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) Digital Economy Lead, Robyn Henderson. Panel speakers include NZTech’s Julie Gill, IT Professionals’ Paul Matthews, AI Forum’s Emma Naji, NZRise’s Don Christie and Callaghan Innovation’s Aroha Armstrong.
Creating a prosperous New Zealand underpinned by digital technology, discussion will include:
- Why is the Digital Technology ITP so important for New Zealand’s future?
- How can the Digital Technology ITP help create jobs, support growth and improve productivity?
- How can the Digital Technology ITP positively impact New Zealand’s social wellbeing and sustainability?
- What needs to happen to enable the tech sector to underpin a more productive, sustainable and inclusive economy and society.
- How can we maximise opportunities and be a leader in responding to emerging technologies, ensuring all New Zealanders can benefit from advances in digital technology?
The panel will highlight the importance of creating a national AI strategy, explore the importance of New Zealand’s tech story and how we can promote New Zealand’s Tech & Innovation capabilities internationally, discuss growing the Maori digital economy, enhancing digital skills pathways and leveraging Government procurement.
NZTech would like to acknowledge the support of ANZ.
Please note the Panel Discussion will commence straight after the AGM. The below times are approximate.
- AGM Event: 4.00pm – 4.30pm (NZTech members only)
- Panel Discussion: 4.30pm – 5.30pm