The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Payments NZ FinTech Innovation Challenge 2018
Applications are now open for the second-ever Payments NZ Fintech Innovation Challenge, sponsored by Paymark.
We’re looking for Kiwi fintech startups with big ambitions and an innovative product or service that can solve a problem in the financial services sector to enter. Applicants will be competing for a grand prize of $10,000 cash plus a mentoring package.
Our inaugural challenge was held in 2016 and attracted high-quality applications from across New Zealand. We look forward to seeing this year’s innovative entries.
How the challenge works
Five finalists will be selected from the pool of eligible entries by our judging panel based on evaluation criteria.
The finalists will pitch their entries to the judges and conference delegation at The Point 2018in the afternoon of Tuesday 26 June at Cordis hotel, Auckland. Finalists from outside of Auckland can apply to have their transportation costs reimbursed.
Each finalist will have six minutes to present, followed by a four minute Q&A session with a panel of industry experts.
After the presentations, delegates will vote for the grand prize winner. The startup with the most votes will walk away with $10,000 and a generous mentoring package with industry leaders.
Why you should enter
New Zealand’s fintech sector is at an exciting time of growth and change. Our Fintech Innovation Challenge gives startups the opportunity to pitch their product, service or technology to a room of industry experts, decision makers and influencers.
Each of the five finalists will also receive a complimentary double pass to The Point 2018. These give you full access to all conference sessions across both days, as well as the Cocktail Function and Gala Dinner where the grand prize winner will be announced.
Other benefits include:
- Presenting in front of the entire conference delegation of around 300 professionals from across the financial services sector and payments industry.
- Networking opportunities with potential business partners, influencers and decision makers.
- Access to global insights and the latest market intelligence from local and international speakers.
Entrants will need to:
- Establish that their solution is innovative within the marketplace.
- Have an establishment date no earlier than 1 January 2013.
- Fall into the small-to-medium business category.
- Have a demonstrable product or service, prototype or concept.
- Be able to show how their organisation is solving problems that are or could be applicable in the financial services sector.
Applications are open from now until 5pm, Friday 20 April. To enter the challenge, please complete the below application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org