The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Private Innovation in Money
Join our exclusive roundtable discussion with RBNZ
Please join us for an informative discussion and the opportunity to provide feedback on The Future of Money in an informal setting.
The Future of Money – Private Innovation, Te Moni Anamata — Te Auahatanga explores the Reserve Bank of New Zealand’s (RBNZ) current assessment, including opportunities and risks this may offer Aotearoa New Zealand.
Discussion will include:
- the opportunities and risks posed by private innovation in money
- how these innovations might impact our objectives as the steward of money
- what regulatory responses could be required to help deliver those objectives in the context of private innovation in money.
Participants are invited to submit questions that they would like answered at the event.
During our conversation, there will be an opportunity to have your questions answered and connect with fellow members. To ensure members have the best opportunity to contribute and engage in the conversation, only 30 seats are available.
For those who attended RBNZ’s previous event Innovating with a Central Bank Digital Currency, this discussion will be in a similar format, but hosted in person. Review the Future of Money issues paper here, join our facilitated roundtable, then have your say on the future of money by 3 April 2023.
- Date: Thursday 16 March
- Time: 10.00 – 11.30am
- Location: Copthorne Hotel Ferguson Conference Room | 150 Anzac Avenue, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Event Type: Physical
- Cost: Free (members only)
- Robbie Taylor, Manager of Money and Cash Policy at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand and FinTechNZ executive council member.
- JC Somers, Senior Policy Advisor at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
We respectfully ask that all participants planning to attend an in person event are healthy and well. Should you be unable to attend due to illness or isolation we request that you stay home. Please let us know if you are unable to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the event date.