The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Smart Grid ICT Opportunities – Auckland
A power shift is occurring as distributed generation, storage, and demand control systems disrupt electricity supply and utility companies around the world. Connected appliances, meters and assets are creating a bow wave of big data fueling innovation in electricity retail, asset maintenance, and energy management systems. As “smart grid” technology accelerates, new opportunities are arising for ICT and software development companies to capture part of this value chain. Join us at the University of Auckland to learn how smart grids are evolving and find a future opportunity for your business.
- Introduction: Chris Thomson, Energy Sector Manager, Callaghan Innovation
- Smart grid overview: Prof Nirmal Nair, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Distributed energy technology: John Gorman, Greenstage Power Ltd
- Smart utilities: Ryno Verster, Powerco Ltd
- Drinks, nibbles and networking
Click here to register.
Details on the Christchurch event can be found here