The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
Solution or pollution: emerging tech and climate change in Aotearoa
This event does not require registration.
The case for emerging tech in combating climate change is undoubtedly a strong one. From smart city infrastructure and clean logistics, through green energy and precision agriculture – the applications of emerging tech in pursuit of a cleaner, greener future are immense. And as global leaders declare evermore ambitious and urgent emissions reductions targets, the onus on IoT, Big Data, Blockchain, Digital Twins to deliver is greater than ever.
That said, emerging tech does come with drawbacks. High consumption of resources, raw materials, information, and energy, to name a few. Both society and the public sector are increasingly aware that there’s no quick fix to achieving sustainability. Rather, sustainable innovations are part of an ecosystem that needs to be considered as a whole.
Join leading industry figures, thinkers and disrupters for a timely and far-reaching debate about the role of technology in achieving New Zealand’s emissions targets. The debate, a feature of Techweek22, will have a special focus on the role of Blockchain in climate change.
Key topics covered include:
- The digital sustainability index report
- Where is NZ currently with Net Zero?
- Is blockchain part of the solution?
- What other technology ventures are there currently that are assisting with this?
- Carbonisation – is it offset or is real reduction?
- This year, the Techweek TV sessions have been segmented into the Techweek22 themes.
- The sessions can be viewed from the comforts of your home office, desk, and anywhere you’ve got a device connected to the internet.
- You can view the sessions here. Just click play, at the time of the session kick-off.
- Missed a session? Don’t worry, all Techweek TV sessions will be recorded and be made available on demand for you to view at your convenience.