The New Zealand Tech Alliance is a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand that work together to ensure a strong voice for technology.Visit Tech Alliance
It’s a new year, a new decade and already its February!
As we dive into a new year, I’m reminded of a great analogy. Every year, thousands of people start with the best intentions of improving their fitness and join a local gym. Once they have signed up as a member they are able to make full use of the facilities and everything on offer. Your NZTech membership is the same, because joining is only the beginning and you have the opportunity to connect at our regular events and be involved in many ways.
This year we are focussed on increasing member value and continuing to have a positive impact working collectively to support the tech ecosystem, including:
- Providing an advanced calendar of 2020 member events and conferences.
- Welcoming Precision Ag and the Spatial Industry associations into the NZTech group.
- Helping the Government develop the Industry Transformation Plan for the Digital Technology Sector so private and public sectors are aligned on priorities for policy and investment.
- Preparing a 2020 Election Manifesto to ensure all political parties focus strongly on technology in the lead up to this year’s national election.
- Continuing to support the Digital Skills Forum as we look for ways to help address skills shortages.
- And of course, our flagship event, Techweek2020. This year’s theme is connecting our future and we are now accepting event submissions. TW20 is nationwide series of events, showcasing and celebrating our tech innovation. It’s an ideal place for everyone to meet, create connections and share ideas. Last year there were 564 events in 38 towns in one week.
This morning on Radio New Zealand Business News we celebrated the Game Developers announcement of a doubling of annual revenues to $200 million as the sector continues to grow rapidly. The challenge that game developers face, like all tech firms, is a shortage of experienced talent. Listen to the interview (from 3:17 minutes).
Returning to the gym membership analogy… the best way to gain the most from your membership is to physically go to the gym! Similarly, NZTech has many ways for members to be involved. There are now 24 associations in the Tech Alliance, producing more than 100 member events a year, numerous working groups, delegations, briefings, conferences, research reports and more. Just like the gym, that doesn’t wake you in the morning and take you there, we anticipate members motivate themselves to gain the most from NZTech. Let’s make 2020 the year we work together to help create a more prosperous New Zealand underpinned by tech!
Join BioTechNZ on 28 February in Auckland to discuss patient-centric supply chain service solutions.
Local tech companies forecast to rapidly expand in 2020. Learn how FinTech can help tackle climate change and digital literacy.